Sunday, April 30, 2006

In Other News...

B and I went to see "Champions on Ice" last night. This is where the best figure skaters in the world each skate a program of their own choosing. We both enjoy watching the Olympics, and we had never been to anything like this before. It was kind of a joke, we called it "runners-up on ice" leading up to the event since, well, it was funny. Our friends all thought we were crazy as well.

I have to admit that I had a good time. The skating was great, and there were a couple of sideshow type acts that were really good. I would have to recommend it if it comes to your area. The only downer was Michelle Kwan, one of the most recognized figure skaters in the world, and who missed her last chance for an Olympic medal this year. She came, but clearly didn't bring her A-game. No jumps at all. Everyone else was really good.

The other annoying thing was the family sitting behind us. While the skaters were on the ice, there was music playing, it is a show. So during a show, it would be polite to be quiet so that others can enjoy the experience. Well, this family wouldn't be quiet! I turned around three times and gave the parents evil eye in an attempt to get them to tell their kids to stop yammering, but to no avail. I guess dogs don't make cats, because the parents were talking too! The event was hardly a sell-out, so B and I moved to a deserted section. I would rather have a slightly worse view, and peace and quiet any day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home