Monday, July 24, 2006

Distracted...

Sorry for the long delay between posts. I've been reading other people's blogs and commenting, but haven't been moved to write for myself. I had a bit of intestinal distress for the last week or so, not that it's an excuse.

I did, however, manage to ovulate during my hiatus. So by my calculations I should start my next cycle around July 31 or Aug. 1. It will make for an interesting test date next month, since B and I celebrate our second wedding anniversary on Aug. 31. Too bad the second anniversary isn't the plastic pee-test anniversary, or I'd be all set.

Last year, following tradition, we both got each other paper gifts. I got B a baby book, and a bunch of photo paper, with the promise that the rest of his gift would surely be here by our next anniversary (hahaha). So naturally, I'm a bit loathe to continue this theme again for our second anniversary. But who was the genius that declared it to be the cotton anniversary?? I have no clever ideas this year, and am open to whatever suggestions you could provide!

In other news, we have a friend who was due to have a baby last week, and she's still pregnant. So sometime this week, I'm sure, we'll have to go and see her baby. I'm happy for her, and sad for us. I was so devastated when we found out she was pregnant, since I had miscarried already and thought we would be the first of our friends to have a baby. And now she's about to deliver, and I'm still not pregnant. I feel like we've lost an entire year, putting vacations and social events and life plans on hold because, hey, we might be pregnant! What a waste of time!

To that end, we are going to go on a cruise during our August vacation, I think. It would be nice to celebrate our anniversary and get away for a real vacation. And we can go and not have to fly anywhere, which is why we haven't gone anywhere since we started trying. (I occasionally have a panic attack on a plane, and carry xan.ax just for that reason, but I wouldn't want to take it during pregnancy.) Of course, once again I will have to be careful in case I am pregnant, so no drinking during the cruise, but it's still better than spending another vacation at home.

That's it really. Not much going on here, these "on hold" cycles are boring. Or less so, since I can drink and not feel guilty. I'm ready to start trying again, though.

4 Comments:

Blogger DrSpouse said...

I got Mr Spouse some origami paper, and he got me a book, for our paper anniversary last year (after the first miscarriage, so nothing baby-related obviously. Then this year we got each other clothes - we both marked some pages in the same catalogue of cotton things we liked, and he chose a dress from a selection and I chose a couple of t-shirts from his selection.

July 24, 2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Nicky said...

I totally understand what you mean putting your life on hold -i call it 'hijack' - the process of experiencing the want to have a baby & in our case enduring the 4 miscarriages has been a long period of 'hijack' - everything is so on hold....holidays included...im glad you booked a cruise - good for you, it sounds perfect.

July 27, 2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Tim said...

Congrats on your two-year anniversary. Ours was May. I've been doing one gift from the modern list, the other from the traditional list. So, for China (modern) I got DH a gift certificate for acupuncture (it's Chinese, right?). For cotton (traditional) I got him a shirt from his favorite comic's Web site and a book. Good luck!

July 27, 2006 4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary--the cruise sounds like a nice way to celebrate. I totally understand the feeling of putting your life on hold because of plans to have a baby. That has been one of the most frustrating things for me with my m/c's--I feel like everytime we get pregnant, we have a "plan" in place for not only the pregnancy, but how the rest of our life will look for the next few years. Then, after each m/c, we have to pick up the pieces of our life and see how they fit together again, to make new plans, to try to carry on. It is exhausting.

You'll start the clomid next cycle, right?

July 28, 2006 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home