Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hopelessly bad timing

For the first time since we started trying, I have ovulated and there is no chance that I'm pregnant. Of course, this is by design, and by doctor's order. But it's still weird, this no hope thing. I will probably get my period on July 2, although it could hold out until July 3. That means I'll need a blood draw on July 4th, which of course will be impossible. I think sometimes women get the FSH draw on CD2, so I will call next week and ask if I can do this so I don't have to waste another cycle waiting. Stupid national holiday.

My dad was forced to work all of father's day weekend, so my family is gathering on Sunday to celebrate. Dr. C will actually be there, I think, and my brother and his girlfriend. Of course Dr. C knows already, but it will be weird and I'm nervous. My family is the last to know.

I'm a bit sad that our August vacation is rapidly approaching, and we have no plans. Last year we went to the Outer Banks, because we could get there without flying (I'm not a great flyer, and don't want to fly pregnant at all). We also get two weeks in December, and last year we didn't go anywhere. This TTC crap is making vacation planning very difficult. I don't think it's possible for me to be pregnant this August, though I will probably be ovulating, or just past. Anyone know of a nice place to go, driving distance from the northeast? I need ideas.

1 Comments:

Blogger DrSpouse said...

We are always told anywhere between day 2 and day 5 for FSH, so don't see why you shouldn't manage to squeeze it in there.

June 23, 2006 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home