Tuesday, June 06, 2006

She said what???

Well, B's family is in the know. We told them Sunday afternoon. And a fun conversation that was. B's mom is a nurse, and his brother-in-law works for a (large, famous) fertility clinic. So the questions were sort of good, but also a bit off base. I'm still getting questions like "are you taking your folic acid", like that could have escaped my attention (and that of my many doctors, for that matter) for the past year. B's brother-in-law is the sperm count tester, and his sister offered B a freebie, like that could possibly be our problem after 4 pregnancies in less than a year. And eww, handling your brother-in-law's spooge? Gross.

The real kicker is that I get an email yesterday morning from B's sister offering to be our surrogate. Yes, that's right, our surrogate. As if we are even at that point yet. At it's heart I know it is a very sweet, and selfless, and generous offer. But weird, and early, and unnecessary as well. Thank goodness it was over the e-mail, because it gave me time to compose myself and give her a proper response. And I did manage to squeak one out that wouldn't offend, acknowledged the generosity of her offer, and kind of left it open-ended, hopefully to be forgotten, or laughed about, in the future.

Next, another set of friends this weekend, since we are all going to the beach. And then my parents. Does the fun ever stop?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home