Friday, July 28, 2006

Milestones...

Our friend had her baby on Tuesday evening, a baby boy! He was 9 lbs 1 oz, and 21 inches long. We went to the hospital to see him on Wednesday, and everyone else left so we could hold him and talk to his parents. We both held him, and he is such a beautiful baby, very cute and alert. I would post his picture, but it's not really my place to do so. You'll have to take my word for it, he is a real looker. I was pleased that I was able to fully feel the joy of that moment, without any sadness or jealousy. Perhaps I've turned a corner, or perhaps I am more vulnerable about pregnancy announcements than to seeing a baby. I mean, how can you resist the disarming qualities of a baby? I can't, it seems.

Our niece, the only grandchild on both sides of our family, turned one year old yesterday. I actually conceived our first baby last year as she was being born, and here we are a year later, still waiting to start a new cycle. I was talking to my sister about this yesterday, and we both surmise that B's sister will probably get pregnant again soon. I don't know how she could be my surrogate and be pregnant, but we won't discuss that further (rolling eyes). I just hope it's me first, please let it be me! (I've already blogged about B's sister, irresponsible, spoiled, etc. and won't continue to bore you with this).

This cycle marks one year of trying, well would have if we could have tried the last two cycles anyway. Yikes.

We booked the cruise! Woohoo! So now we will be on the great open sea for our anniversary, and perhaps to find out that we are expecting again. I hope!! I will start the Clomid next week, after my period arrives.

Gotta run for now, more later this weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you were able to feel the joy of holding your friend's baby. And I'm sorry that this cycle marks one year of trying with no baby. The same is true for us--we started trying in August of last year. Hopefully, in another year, we will be holding our babies, or at least getting ready to.

As for the question you posted on my weblog, about the causes of my m/c--my RE thinks that the chromosomal abnormality was certainly an explanation for this loss, but he thinks that my earlier losses were due to low progesterone (although we can't be sure). With my last pregnancy, I used clomid to help with better follicle production and prometrium starting at 3dpo. I think that seemed to fix my progesterone problem--I had never gotten to 10 weeks before.

Good luck!!

July 28, 2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger Nicky said...

Well done & good for you being able to see & hold your friends baby without the sadness & jealousy....very impressive....thinking of you at your one yr anniv of trying...i know it is very hard....thinking of you x

July 29, 2006 5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very impressive that you were able to hold a baby and feel the joy. That's no small accomplishment.

July 31, 2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home