Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Gulp!

Well, today is the last day before I start fertility drugs for the first time. Tomorrow morning I will take my first Clomid. My period, which usually arrives like clockwork after a luteal phase of 12 or 13 days, arrived early on 12 dpo, after two days of spotting. I know that this is a sign of a progesterone deficiency, and it has never, never in all my menstruating years happened before. My sister (Dr. C) blames the sonohystogram. She said it probably caused the spotting. And the early period? I'm not sure I buy it. Has anyone else, on the cycle of their saline sonohystogram, had an early period or early spotting?

Anyway, so tomorrow is cycle day 5 already. I'm excited to start the drug, and nervous about the side effects. I'm worried that I'll turn into an evil, hormonal b*tch and get myself fired or something. There's also a lot of pressure for this to work, since B may have to get a new job if we need more invasive treatment. Nothing like a little pressure and extra-b*tchy hormonal mood swings to put us in the right mood!

On top of that, we're going away with two of our close friends this weekend. Poor, poor friends for scheduling this trip for the first weekend ever that I'll be in a fertility-drug-induced rage. Hopefully they still like us next week. I will check in either right before we leave or right after we get back with an update on side effects. Come on good egg!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the clomid! I didn't experience too many side effects, and I hope the same is true for you. Have a wonderful weekend away.

August 04, 2006 8:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Tim said...

I didn't have any emotional side effects, but I would get hot flashes throughout my cycle, even on days that I wasn't taking the meds. I hope Clomid brings you good things!

August 04, 2006 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle, I just found your blog through Nikole, and got caught up on your previous posts. I'm so very sorry for all your losses this past year. It's so terrifying to go through that again and again and not know what's wrong.

And I won't even go into your OB/GYN practice and their incredible insensitivity/incompetence. Ugh.

I am so hoping that the Clomid works like a charm and that you never have to feel this heartbreaking loss again. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

August 08, 2006 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home