Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Survived!

I finished the Clomid yesterday, and I didn't even go psychotic (as one of the possible side effects). My intestinal distress continued for most of the time I was on it, but I can't be sure if that was related or not. Otherwise the side effects were pretty minimal. Now I just wait for a positive OPK. I'm curious, if you took Clomid because you normally ovulate a little late, did it make you ovulate early at all? I'm hoping for early.

We went to Mystic, Conn. this weekend with a couple of friends and had a great time. Perfect weather for walking around looking at old boats. And despite the fact that none of us have seen the movie, we still felt compelled to eat at Mystic Pizza. It was good, but it does crack me up.

I'm incredibly impatient, and this waiting thing that infertility forces upon you is awful. B and I were commenting just yesterday that it feels like forever since the last time we tried (it has been since my April cycle actually). And now the pressure is on; I'm taking one of my three Clomid cycles, and if it doesn't work B may need to go job-hunting.

Speaking of job-hunting, my friend that gave birth a week or so ago is now the sole earner in their house. Her husband was fired while she was in the hospital. At least she is a consultant, and can work from home, so she's been working since the day she got back. And they still have insurance, but I don't know how they'll make ends meet until her husband finds a job. It's a scary situation, and I would never want to be there.

We got our cruise tickets yesterday! Only a few weeks until our first real vacation since we began TTC...

1 Comments:

Blogger moi said...

like seems to be counted in two-week cycles when you're TTC.

glad to see that you had a great weekend away!

August 08, 2006 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home