Friday, September 08, 2006

Apologies

I am the worst blogger! I never got to write an update before the cruise. So let me catch you up...

The last ultrsound showed a septate cyst on my left ovary, but it was slightly smaller than the scan in the ER. My right ovary had a couple of functional cysts on it, probably from the Clomid. The doctor thought it was a good sign that the cyst was smaller. Still, there was decreased blood flow to the left ovary again. There is still no good explanation for this. I have a repeat scan today, so hopefully the cyst is even smaller. The ovary hasn't been hurting as much lately. But my intestinal issues continue, so I'm not out of the woods yet on that one. My temperature has been normal at least, for a week or so at the end of my last cycle it was running a bit high. Oh, and I didn't get pregnant (no surprise there).

The cruise was great! I was really worried that my ovary would explode or something in a different country, and I would need some third world emergency surgery. But I got through it in one piece, and managed to have a good time. We did sail through Ernesto on the way back, and rough seas kept us from stopping at one of our destinations. I will say that if you are prone to sea sickness, and someone told you that you won't feel the boat move, they were lying! Luckily B and I both were able to enjoy the trip and didn't get sick. One of our excursions had us swimming in a beach stocked with stingrays, and it's pretty creepy that just a few days later Steve Irwin died from a stingray encounter. I'm pretty sure these didn't have their stingers, but it's still creepy.

In other news, I should be ovulating in the next few days. So we're trying, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't want to take baby aspirin while I'm having intestinal problems, and I don't think I can hold a pregnancy without it. I think we're going to have to call in the big guns and go visit an RE.

Also, my 30th birthday is fast approaching. In one month, give or take a few days. I had hoped to have my first child by 30, and as that deadline passed, I had hoped to be pregnant by 30. Now I just hope to be healthy by 30, and have a real plan. That is exactly what I want for my birthday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicky said...

Michelle hi, Firstly thanx for your encouraging words on my blog. Second, I totally understand the disappointment of wanting a child by 30 or a pregnancy by 30. I too have been doing that for the last few yrs. This time I am trying my hardest to go day by day but it is sooo hard. I hope all your intestinal issues clear up asap so you can start trying again & may it all happen for you in your 30th yr (or 31st actually).

September 08, 2006 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home